Want to enhance the performance of your mobile phone. Mobilegsm.com.pk imparts you with the tips and tricks to keep your mobile phone’s performance at its level best so that you can enjoy an enriched and enhanced experience on your mobile cell phone.
Mobile Tip/Tricks and Codes Categories
Recover Deleted SMS From Your Nokia Device
If you own a Nokia phone you might be in luck, as there are very good chances of message recovery from your cellphone without need of any specialized data recovery software for free, simply follow the step-by-step procedure below for important data recovery:
1. Download and install this free mobile File Manager - FExplorer.
2. Launch FExplorer and navigate to C: if you use Phone Memory to store your messages (default) and D: if you use Storage Card as your SMS storage location.
3. Now navigate to and open “system” folder.
4. Now open the “mail” folder.
5. This folder should contain many folders named similar to 0010001_s etc. with files named similar to 00100000 etc., These files are the actual deleted messages, Simply, use the FExplorer inbuild text viewer to view these files, You will need to browse through every folder and open all files inside them until you get the required SMS.
6. Do Note that this trick does not work on Symbian 3rd Edition cellphones.
How to Block your Stolen/Lost Mobile Phone in Pakistan
To block your Stolen/Lost mobile phone:-
Online Complaint Form at CPLC: http://www.cplc.org.pk/imei_form.php
CPLC (Citizen Police Liaison Committee) ======== 021-5682222,6583334
Police (Rescue 15) ======== 15
PTA (Pakistan Telecom Authority) ======== 0800-25625
They will get some basic info along with the IMEI number of your lost mobile set. and will request all the mobile operators to block this IMEI on their networks.
fax your complaint to CPLC at 021-5683336
you can also send an email to PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMEI is a number which is unique to every GSM mobile phone. It is usually found printed on or underneath the phone's battery and warranty card. IMEI of any set can also be found by dialing the sequence *#06# into the phone. The IMEI number is used by the GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used to stop a stolen phone from accessing the network.
For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call Authorities and instruct them to "block" the phone using its IMEI number. This renders the phone useless, regardless of whether the phone's SIM is changed.
Increase Your MMC Space
Your files in MMC are stored in multiple (disk) blocks.
So if you format using 16K block, the space used will be 16K eventhough your file is just 1K.
If you buy MMC, it is usually preformatted with 16K block. Therefore alot of space is wasted as most installed program files are usually less than 2K.
You will need a card reader to do this:-
1. Connect card reader and copy all your files in the MMC to computer disk. (Make sure you set the show all/hidden/os files to "on")
2. Do a format of the MMC using command line "format" and use the /A=size option.
Alternative, you can use the Disk Management in Adminstrative Tools to format. Make sure you select FAT. For 256MB MMC, smallest block you can use is 4K, 128MB is 2K, 64Mb is 1K and 32MB is 512B.
(Note: You cannot use the phone "format MMC" to do this as the format just clear the allocation table and does not change the block size)
3. Copy back all files to MMC.
Now you will find that you will have more space.
256mb MMC got back 30+ mbs